An Enterprising Youth
It isn’t every young man that would trade in his first car to buy a delivery truck, but that is exactly what our founder Richard C. Moore did. With his newly acquired 1954 Chevrolet 6500 series truck, his life-long career in trucking began out of his Waldoboro, Maine home. From his humble beginnings hauling pulpwood and logs to paper mills throughout Maine, Moore’s one-man, one-truck operation has grown into the award-winning, turn-key logistics company we are privileged to operate today.
Service and Respect
Offering transportation and brokerage services to multinational conglomerates and small family-owned businesses alike, we, the second generation of Moores, value our employees and our customer relationships. From the dispatch office to our drivers and maintenance staff, service is our culture.
R.C. Moore, Inc. Milestones
- 1956 – Founded by Richard C. Moore
- 1966 – Incorporated
- 1975 – received I.C.C. Common Carrier Authority
- 1984 – received Contract Carrier Authority
- Most recent rating from FDOT – “Satisfactory”
- “Regional Carrier of the Year” 2009, 2010 FedEx Smart Post
- “Outstanding Customer Service Award” 2009 Nestle Waters
- “Premiere Carrier of the Year” 2001 Sysco
- Two-time winner “First Place Safety Award” for Carrier over 10 million miles by Maine Motor Truck Association